Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Watermelon Panzanella
Prep time: 40 minutes • Total time: 40 minutes • Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices crusty whole-wheat bread (10 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 cups chopped watermelon
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Season pork with chili powder, pepper and salt. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 140°F, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill bread until charred, 1 to 2 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lime zest, lime juice and jalapeño in a large bowl. Add watermelon, onion, basil, feta and the bread and toss to coat.
- Slice the pork ½ inch thick and serve with the watermelon panzanella.
Recipe courtesy of Eating Well.